Saturday 10 September 2011

The Terry Gross and Gene Simmons Interview


The interview is from 2002, but I just listened to it today. Very intesting.

This comes from erim.net.
Here it is, boys and girls, the hilarious interview that Gene Simmons wouldn’t allow NPR to release as an archive like they normally do with Fresh Air, either because he couldn’t figure out how to make any money off it, or because it makes him sound like a complete ass. My guess is the former.

Gene does his best to school the boring, repressed NPR listener on his fascinating philosophy of life, apparently a subtle blend of Ayn Rand and Ron Jeremy. Terry does her best not to get flustered, while conducting some kind of meaningful interview. She does a pretty good job, in my opinion. Hey, she’s Terry Gross.

So, please enjoy, and leave some comments below if you feel so inspired. I’m thrilled to get them.

Here is the link to the article and the broadcast.

2 comments:

  1. Gene Simmons- the man never changes, does he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that he doesn't! I can understand why he didn't want the interview released, but I learnt a lot a about him.

    ReplyDelete